Preparation time 15 min — Total time 35 min
An easy pasta recipe that feels special but doesn't take very long to make
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic — crushed
- 8 medium raw prawns or squat lobster tails – peeled (keep the shells)
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 150 ml water
- 175 g linguini (you can use gluten-free pasta)
- 30 g squid rings and tentacles
- 8-10 mussels, in the shell, scrubbed
- A pinch of chilli flakes or fresh chillis
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Black pepper
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
This recipe owes its inclusion, in part, to this extract from a review on Tripadvisor from ‘Stewart666’, who visited Peet’s with his mates in June 2018. His is one of many positive comments about the seafood linguini, but we particularly liked his photograph of the dish.
“Group of three hungry and thirsty fisherman. Even though we were not dressed the best, we still fitted in fine. The staff are very friendly, with big smiles all round. Tasty Sky beers and whiskies…
…For mains, I had the seafood pasta, full of the sea to the brim with fresh seafood. I will be back next time I’m up this way.”
In one form or another, seafood linguini has been a regular feature on the Peet’s menu for years; testament to its continuing popularity. S. Maxime, a visitor from Belgium who came to Peet’s restaurant way back in August 2017 had this to say about her visit.
“…We had the seafood linguini (not too spicy despite the chilli, which I like), and the salmon dish. Delicious…” S.Maxime (a short extract translated from the original)
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling, well salted water for 7-8 minutes or until al dente.
Seafood and sauce
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil add the garlic and reserved prawn shells.
- Cook for 5 minutes, tossing the pan a few times.
- Add the tomato paste then water and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Take from the heat then blitz it and pass through a sieve, and then put the stock aside.
- Using the rest of the oil, fry the prawns and squid for a few minutes, then add your tomato stock.
- Add the mussels, chilli and cherry tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil with the lid on for 3-4 minutes
- Add seasoning.
- Add the pasta, with a little Parmesan and fresh parsley. Toss altogether and serve.
- Add a little fresh Parmesan and parsley to garnish.