Preparation time 20 min — Total time 40 min
A classic seafood pasta dish that makes a regular appearance on the restaurant menu. Follow Angie’s simple instructions and you can’t go wrong.
- 220 g dried linguine or spaghetti (gluten-free pasta can also be used)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 300 g fresh white crabmeat
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes (or you can use fresh chillies)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Seasoning – salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling, well salted water for 7-8 minutes or until al dente (don’t hold back — allow plenty of water and around 1 tsp of salt per 600ml).
- Meanwhile, put the sliced cherry tomatoes, crabmeat, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, chilli flakes and garlic into another pan and warm through over a gentle heat.
- Drain the pasta, return to the pan with the warmed sauce ingredients, then briefly toss together. Season to taste.
- Divide among 4 warmed plates, sprinkle over some Parmesan and fresh parsley, then serve immediately.