Smoked mackerel pâté
This peppered smoked mackerel pâté is quick to make and full of flavour. A fantastic starter when you're short of time.
- 240 g pack of peppered smoked mackerel fillets (skin removed)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp drained capers
- 180 g Philadelphia Light cream cheese
- ½ a bunch of fresh parsley or dill
- 2 Tbsp creamed horseradish
“There are not too many places to eat around this lovely, remote area of Scotland, so make sure one of them is Peet’s. Friendly service, good food with a selection of local produce, nice presentation – we had starters of smoked mackerel pate and langoustines, then a burger and fish and chips, no room for dessert! All dishes were very good – well worth the visit.” ‘Lambfleece’ on Tripadvisor
As well as kind words, Danielle also posted the photograph of this dish as part of her Tripadvisor review
“Absolutely fantastic. Food was amazing, service was great and quick. Would highly recommend. Will definitely be back.” Danielle Taylor on Tripadvisor
- In a food processor whizz the mackerel fillets, the lemon juice and zest, capers, cream cheese, parsley or dill and creamed horseradish. Taste and season, then scrape into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with extra chopped herbs, lemon zest and black pepper.
- Serve with a salad garnish and fresh toasted bread.
Please note, don’t over mix as you want some texture in the pâté!