Skip to content
- 100 g chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 100 g chocolate, 50% cocoa solids
- 200 g unsalted butter, and also a little extra for greasing
- 1 tin of Carnation caramel
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 200 g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs, at room temperature
- 130 g plain flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 180°C
Grease then line a 23 cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Break up the chocolate into the pan and then remove the pan from the heat and wait for the chocolate to melt.
- In a bowl, mix 175 g of Carnation caramel with 1 tsp sea salt
- Put the remaining caramel in a bowl with the sugar and eggs, and mix with an electric whisk. Then, add in the chocolate and butter
- In another bowl add the flour and cocoa powder and a good pinch of table salt. Then sift this on top of your chocolate mixture and mix briefly until smooth.
- Pour half the brownie batter into the tin and level it. Then, using a teaspoon, spoon half of the salted caramel on top of the batter layer in 5, thick, evenly spaced lines.
- Spoon the rest of the brownie batter on top and smooth it out. Try not to disturb your caramel lines.
- Top with the rest of the caramel in the same evenly spaced lines.
- Sprinkle with a little more sea salt. Then bake for 25 to 30 mins. The brownie will jiggle just a little when you shake the tin when it is ready.
- Let it cool completely in the tin, then cut into squares.
- Serve warm with some ice cream, cream or custard and enjoy!